This video is in reference to the Dentistry Today article “Composite Over-molding for Aesthetics and Strength” in the August 2014 issue. This video series shows Dr. Clark using the Bioclear Matrix to build composite over-molding (sometimes referred to as composite veneers), on a teenage post orthodontic case.
Part 1 highlights:
- Purpose of the rubber dam and how to tuck it
- Use of Bioclear Dual Color Disclosing Solution to identify biofilm
- Quick removal of biofilm by blasting
- Proper matrixing (including trimming techniques if the matrices don’t fully seat)
- Recommended composite placement techniques
- Steps for matrix removal after light-curing
The Original Anterior Matrices are used in this video (specifically the A-103).